Bugzilla – Bug 609
<iframe> content model.
Last modified: 2009-11-23 17:17:32 CET
--- source (revision 3279)
+++ source (revision 3280)
@@ -19402,14 +19402,20 @@
<code>iframe</code> elements, the contents would be parsed as markup
that could act as fallback content.)</p>
- <p>The content model of <code>iframe</code> elements is text, except
- that the text must be such that <span class="XXX">... anyone
- have any bright ideas?</span></p>
- Gotta handle <script> elements inside <iframe>s that screw around with the DOM on the fly, or that use document.write().
- Gotta handle <iframe> elements created from script with text contents.
- Gotta handle the XML case.
+ <p>When used in <span>HTML documents</span>, the allowed content
+ model of <code>iframe</code> elements is text, except that invoking
+ the <span>HTML fragment parsing algorithm</span> with the
+ <code>iframe</code> element as the <var title="">context</var>
+ element and the text contents as the <var title="">input</var> must
+ result in a list of nodes that are all <span>phrasing
+ content</span>, with no <span title="parse error">parse
+ errors</span> having occurred, with no <code>script</code> elements
+ being anywhere in the list or as descendants of elements in the
+ list, and with all the elements in the list (including their
+ descendants) being themselves conforming.</p>
+ <p>The <code>iframe</code> element must be empty in <span>XML
<p class="note">The <span>HTML parser</span> treats markup inside
<code>iframe</code> elements as text.</p>